By Dr. Tracy Gilbert, ND
It is estimated that between 75 and 90% of all doctor’s visits are for stress-related symptoms or illnesses. Stress has been linked to a wide range of health conditions – examples include obesity, heart disease, Alzheimer’s, depression, anxiety, high blood pressure, infertility, IBS, headaches, fatigue, osteoporosis, eczema, and asthma. But can stress actually kill us? Some experts believe that it can. In fact, the Japanese even have a name for it – they refer to it as karoshi, meaning death by overwork. Continue reading
If you are buying your honey from the grocery store, you are missing out on the benefits of raw (unpasturized) local honey!
Here are some of the benefits you can enjoy:
- Helps to reduce seasonal allergy symptoms (especially true for local honey)
- Contains natural antioxidants, enzymes, vitamins, minerals, and amino acids
- Helps with weight management, partially due to the suppression of appetite
- Can boost energy
- It is a proven natural sleep aid
- Helps to heal wounds and ulcers
- Effective in treating coughs
In contrast, commercial honey has been pasturized (heated) and often chemically refined, thereby destroying beneficial nutrients and properties. When it comes to honey, raw is the way to go! Note: raw honey should not be given to infants under one year of age.
Stay tuned … within the next month or so, we will be launching our nutritional consultation services! So many of you have been asking for this service and we are happy to have it available to you. Get help planning your meals, working around food sensitivities, and learn more about healthy nutrition.