- LED Light Therapy for Facial Rejuvenation
- LED Light Therapy for Acne
- Summary of Benefits
- LED Rates
- Frequently Asked Questions
Ezentials is pleased to introduce this state-of-the-art skin care technology to the Greater City of Sudbury! LED (light-emitting diodes) is a noninvasive treatment that uses light technology to produce smoother, tighter, and more radiant-looking skin!
This new skin rejuvenation system has recently garnered considerable media attention, receiving positive reviews from many in the industry including Dermatology Times, Skin Inc, and Day Spa as well as the public media such as ABC’s Good Morning America and shows like Extreme Makeover. Worldwide research during the past 10 years from organizations such as NASA has demonstrated that light applied to the skin at certain wavelengths results in intercellular communication and subsequent skin rejuvenation.
With this exciting new field of noninvasive light therapy treatments comes a slew of LED systems rushing to the market. Of course, not all LED devices are created equal. But, as always at Ezentials, we’ve sorted through the masses to select only the best! Our LED system was developed by dermatologists, FDA approved, and offered through Éminence Organic Skin Care – our favorite and most trusted skincare company.
If you are looking for a safe and noninvasive way to improve the appearance and health of your skin – LED light therapy is for you!
Our LED Light Therapy device has been FDA approved as an effective treatment for acne. It is a non-invasive treatment that gets to the root of the problem by destroying the bacteria that causes acne. As the gentle light penetrates the layers of the skin, it cause the skin to product oxygen that destroys the acne-causing bacteria. In addition, the light speeds healing, reduces inflammation, stimulates collagen (to reduce acne scarring), and improves the overall health/appearance of the skin. Best of all, there is no down time or side effects! It is safe, effective, and natural.
Before and After Pictures:
- Diminishes the appearance of fine lines, wrinkles and age spots
- Helps tighten unsightly pores
- Promotes collagen regeneration
- Helps promote smoother, tighter, and more radiant skin
- Reduces skin irritations and inflammation
- Treats and prevents acne
- Improves moisture
- Promotes healing
- Painless, relaxing and no recovery time
- Noninvasive, safe and effective
- Effective for all skin types, regardless of ethnicity
LED Rates (when booked with an Esthetician)
Initial LED Consult (includes 1st treatment)
10 minute treatment
15 minute treatment
20 minute treatment
LED Rates (when booked with Dr. Tracy Gilbert, ND)
Initial LED Consult – 60 minutes (includes 1st treatment)
$105.00 (tax exempt)
10 minute treatment
$55.00 (tax exempt)
15 minute treatment
$66.25 (tax exempt)
20 minute treatment
$75.00 (tax exempt)
*Covered by most extended health care plans
- What are the main benefits of LED?
- What is LED and how does it work?
- Do I need an initial consult before receiving LED treatments?
- What is involved in each treatment?
- How long does a treatment take?
- How many treatments are required to see results?
- How often would I need to come for treatments?
- Is there any discomfort during or after treatment?
- Does LED work on all skin types?
- Are there any reasons why I would not be able to have LED treatments?
- Is it safe?
- What is the cost of the treatments?
LED is a safe and effective way to promote youthful, healthier-looking skin. With multiple treatments, LED helps to reduce fine lines, wrinkles, and age spots. It improves moisture to the skin, reduces large pores, and promotes collagen regeneration. In addition, LED has been FDA approved as an effective treatment for acne.
LED (light-emitting diodes) is a noninvasive treatment that uses light technology. When used for cosmetic purposes (red light), LED provides a safe and effective way to produce smoother, tighter, and more radiant-looking skin. When used for acne (blue light), LED helps to reduce inflammation, promote healing, and prevent break-outs.
Specifically, the LED system uses photo-pulsation or low-level light therapy to reduce the signs of aging. The LED emits this visible therapeutic light at different wavelengths to deliver energy to all layers of the skin. Since the skin cells are photoreceptive (i.e., responsive to light), the red light stimulates the cells to produce energy (in the form of ATP) and collagen. This effect dramatically increases circulation to the skin and helps to reduce fine lines, wrinkles, and inflammation. The blue light, on the other hand, helps to stimulate the production of oxygen to treat/prevent acne.
Yes. The initial consult allows for a review of your skin care concerns and relevant health history. Information about LED with be discussed and recommendations for a course of LED treatment will be made. The first treatment will also be performed during this initial consult.
To prepare the skin for LED, each treatment will begin with cleansing (to remove make-up and improve penetration of the LED lights), followed by a toner and therapeutic serum (to enhance the benefits of treatment). LED light therapy will then be administered and a moisturizer will be applied at the end of the treatment.
Each LED treatment typically lasts 10-20 minutes, depending on the condition of the skin. During your initial consultation, your skin care specialist will determine the length of treatment required to address your concerns.
The number of treatments required varies depending on the age and skin condition of the client. In general, it takes a minimum of six treatments to achieve desired results with maintenance treatments every four to eight weeks. Twelve treatments may be required for certain skin types and conditions (e.g., severe acne, deeper wrinkles, or age spots).
For the first course of treatment, we recommend treatments once every seven days for Red LED (for anti-aging) and twice a week for Blue LED (for acne). Once the desired results are achieved (typically after 6 to 10 treatments), treatments can be spaced further apart for maintenance.
No. In fact, the treatment is quite relaxing and there is no recovery time afterward. It is so convienent, you can slip in and out during a lunch break!
LED is effective on all skin types, regardless of ethnicity.
LED is not suitable for you under the following circumstances:
- If you are pregnant – Studies have not sufficiently assessed the risk to pregnant women and their babies, therefore, we do not recommend it.
- If you have epilepsy – Certain light frequencies can trigger an epileptic seizure.
- If you have a thyroid condition or if you are taking thyroid medication – Studies have not sufficiently assessed whether or not light frequencies can interfere with thyroid conditions.
- If you are taking photosensitive medications (i.e., drugs that increase skin sensitivity to the sun) – Examples of such medications include Tetracycline and Accutane.
Absolutely. The LED light uses less energy than a night light. The treatments have no undesireable side effects, no down time, and do not utilize any ultraviolet light. In addition, our LED Light Therapy’s cool temperatures cannot harm the skin in any way, and the disposable plastic pulsator covers assures that only a sanitized pulsator touches the skin.
The cost varies according to the treatment time required. On average, each treatment ranges from $45 to $65. Discounts are available for specific pre-paid packages of treatments.