If you are buying your honey from the grocery store, you are missing out on the benefits of raw (unpasturized) local honey!
Here are some of the benefits you can enjoy:
- Helps to reduce seasonal allergy symptoms (especially true for local honey)
- Contains natural antioxidants, enzymes, vitamins, minerals, and amino acids
- Helps with weight management, partially due to the suppression of appetite
- Can boost energy
- It is a proven natural sleep aid
- Helps to heal wounds and ulcers
- Effective in treating coughs
In contrast, commercial honey has been pasturized (heated) and often chemically refined, thereby destroying beneficial nutrients and properties. When it comes to honey, raw is the way to go! Note: raw honey should not be given to infants under one year of age.